Thursday 25 April 2013

RYA South Zone Squad final weekend

Sadly, last weekend was my last RYA South Zone Squad training session of the season. 

The Zone Squad has been awesome. I have learnt loads from the weekends and I will definitely miss going. I would like to say a very big thank you to my two coaches, Clare Hall and Tom Haynes and to all of the coaches! I feel a much better sailor now; mentally and physically and my techniques are a lot better. I can't wait for the Selection Trials and Inland Championships which are coming up soon to see how much I've improved and if I'm any faster. 

The other great thing about the Zone Squad is all the new friends I've made, we've all had a really good laugh together. Here is a photo of the whole Squad. We had to line up in size order so I am first (or last) on the left as I'm the smallest!

RYA South Zone Squad 2013
RYA South Zone Squad 2013
We have had six weekends of sailing in the Squad over the winter, most of which have been in freezing cold and windy conditions, so last weekend it was really great to be sailing in light winds and warm sunshine for a change. On the Sunday, I was even out of my drysuit and back in to wetsuit, hikers and shorty gloves. Roll on summer.

I also got to use my brand new North Sail's D Zero 6 for the first time. I've never had a brand new sail before. It was so crisp and a great shape and I definitely felt like I was sailing faster with it.

Next up is the Selection Trials, Dad says there is no pressure on me and its a great opportunity to get some experience for the future. I know what he means but I'll still be going out there to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment