Thursday 21 February 2013

Boat building/ racing at my local sailing club

As I was not sailing last weekend, I headed down to my local sailing club (Royal Victoria Yacht Club) for an interesting lesson on boat building. I really enjoyed the evening and learnt loads.

My best part of the night was, of course... the racing! All the cadets at the Club had to make model boats to race against each other to see which designs were fastest. Me and my friend Oliver (who's also a very good Optimist sailor) went for a long thin design so not really very Optimist like. The man who was leading the evening had brought with him a clever race track made out of drainpipes and wires with weights to pull the boats along.

Did we win? Check out my small clip to see...



This weekend I'm pumped up and ready to sail in Weymouth for yet again another windy and wet South Zone squad training session. The forecast is for it to be very cold especially with the wind chill. We are joining up with the South training squad and South West Zone squad so there will be loads of us there which is fun. And it's always great sailing where the 2012 Olympics were. Makes me even more determined to get a gold medal one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment