Sunday 16 February 2014

Thank you for an awesome 2013 sailing year

Sorry this post is a bit late but we had a catastrophic failure of our PC at home (now sorted).

2013 was a brilliant year for sailing for me. I started the year in the South Zone Squad. I went to Turkey with the British Development Team for the Bodrum International Regatta. I was in Team GBR for the Irish Nationals, competed in all the the major British events and finished the year ranked 11th in the British rolling ranking. Over the winter I have been training in the National Squad. I've raced and trained loads and had so much fun.

I couldn't have done this with out a lot of support and help from so many people. So I would like to say a very big thank you to (in no special order)

  • The Royal London Yacht Club Youth Trust
  • Crewsaver
  • Wightlink
  • SailSpyUK
  • North Sails
  • My Grandparents - Nan Nan & GD and Nanny
  • All the coaches who have helped me especially Clare, Tom and Alan
  • Parents of my friends who have helped me especially Cordelia and Richard Ellis and Chris Evans
  • All my sailing friends (some of who are in the video)
  • IOCA UK
  • Royal Victoria Yacht Club
  • RYA
  • My family in Dublin
  • and last but not least Mum, Dad and Freya
Thank you everyone. I can't wait for this year's racing to start!

I hope you enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment